This post is for the Submissive Guide Blog Hop. You can participate too!
7 Things You Have Learned From A Dominant About Submission
Can you think of 7 things you have learned about your submission or submission in general from a Dominant? Why is it important to look to Dominants for insights on ourselves? What makes learning from them different than learning from other submissives?
When I started learning about submission the people who I found first were Dominants. They wanted to talk about D/s or sex or things related to BDSM. Finding submissives to talk to was actually difficult. Listing seven things that I’ve learned from Dominants about my submission or submission in general might be easier if I think back to those first few cautious months.
Learning from Dominants about submission is valuable because they aren’t clouded with beliefs and opinions about their personal submission. They see what you may not be seeing because they are looking at you from the outside.
1. Complete submission is a rare thing. No one can be in complete service all the time. There are life issues and stress that cloud our judgement and can derail our submission. When we are on we are really on though so watch out!
2. Submission in the wrong hands can leave the submissive damaged and broken. I’ve seen this on only in my real life experiences but online as well. We are vulnerable as human beings and allowing someone so deeply into our lives and being mistreated can do tremendous damage.
3. The expectations of my service can change on any given day not just with different Dominants. Master can change his mind, he can demand more of me one day and less on another. It’s his whim I have to adjust to – not mine.
4. What I consider submission others may consider slavery and vise-versa. I’ve talked about how I don’t connect with the label ‘slave’ but that others consider me a slave. It’s that difference of opinion that makes us so wonderful and accepting of variations of submission.
5. I choose to submit every single day; it’s not a natural personality trait. That choice brings about so much joy in my life that it’s not even a question of if I will choose to submit that day but how.
6. Submissives have every ability to be leaders, mentors and persons of great respect. Dominants feel pride in their property. I am a leader in the community and hold great respect from those who know me. Master has admitted to feeling pride for his submissive because of that.
7. My submission is unique but I can still share my story, knowing that it has common threads with other submissives. I once thought that because there are so many submissives out there who would really want to hear my story. After 8 years of blogging I think I’ve proven to myself over and over again that people want to follow my life and progression in service.